RE: NetBSD patch necessary?

From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <Audun.Nordal_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:52:43 +0200

Qouting netbsd 2.0.2 select(2)

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?select++NetBSD-2.0.2

NAME
     select - synchronous I/O multiplexing

LIBRARY
     Standard C Library (libc, -lc)

SYNOPSIS
     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <sys/time.h>
     #include <unistd.h>

there shouldn't be a need to pull sys/select.h unconditionally on netbsd.
As someone pointed out earlier though, the netbsd packaging system is
portable and builds on many unix system with several different compiler
suites, so perhaps this is just an un-elegant fix for some obscure
system/compiler combination. The commit message mentions problems building
drivel-2.0.0 (which depends on curl). (Doesn't rhyme well with my
impression of the pkgsrc philosophy which is fixing broken software and not
hacking around it like this, but then again I probably don't understand what
was being fixed here either).

Recent stock curl distros build cleanly without modifications on my i386
netbsd 2.0 system. If you want me to test anything for you, drop me a
line.

- Audun Nordal