Re: Command channel hangs after upload.

From: Stefan Eilers <stefan.eilers_at_basyskom.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:01:30 +0100

Am 26.01.2007 um 12:37 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Stefan Eilers wrote:
>
>> If a file is uploaded completely, the command channel seems to be
>> broken. Thus, the transmit complete message is not received by the
>> client and the client is unable to send commands to the server.
>> Neither the client nor the server recognizes that the command
>> channel is terminated.
>>
>> Our idea would be to send NOOP commands to the server while it
>> uploads to keep the channel open. As we use the easy interface, we
>> do not know how to realize that..
>
> This is common when you do FTP transfers through a NAT/firewall
> that times out the control connection during the transfer -
> thinking it has detected an idle connection.
>
> Sending a NOOP over the control connection every N minute/second is
> indeed a good idea to help circumventing this problem, but libcurl
> has no support for this currently.

Do you have any hint, how to implement this? The best solution would
be to do this witout altering libCurl itself. Our first idea was to
send a "NOOP" via curl_easy_perform() within the progress callback
function. But this does not seem to work. We doesn't regognized any
NOOP's while the binary transmission was in Progress.. :(

Mfg., Dr. Stefan Eilers
--

Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-962 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459
stefan.eilers_at_basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de