Re: [patch] fix Cygwin build problems and testsuite infrastucture questions

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:33:42 +0200

2007/4/9, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Attached is a patch that fixes two similar problems building current CVS
> on Cygwin, SSPI and LDAP. These are both cases where the code wants to
> call something from the Win32 API, but Cygwin targets a POSIX
> environment and WIN32 is not defined.

I would actually split this into two different issues, even though at
a first glance the fix for both is having to call/link Windows native
libraries from a pure Cygwin app.

LDAP - Is it really better to call/link the Windows native LDAP
library from Cygwin instead of using OpenLDAP or The Mozilla LDAP C
SDK ?

SSPI - Is there any replacement for the native Windows native SSPI
library which could be used from POSIX ? Looking for cross platform
interoperability.

Besides Unicode issues I'm not sure that cygwin1.dll can always be
circumvected in a safe way making direct calls to the MS CRT / DLLs.
Are the needed ones blessed by the Cygwin team to use in this manner ?

--
-=[Yang]=-