Re: strange curl error with ftp transfers

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:38:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> curl: (18) transfer closed with -1 bytes remaining to read, indeed the
> downloaded files are 1 byte longer...

Wow. I don't see what libcurl would do to cause this. I would suspect
"something else". Can you check what the extra byte is and where in the stream
it ends up?

I've not seen this myself on any of my systems.

> BTW. http(s) works still fine....

I would say that too indicate that libcurl is not to blame, since the actual
data reading code is next to identical for HTTP and FTP.