Re: curl_easy_escape() and curl_easy_unescape() length arguments data types

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:28:43 +0100

2008/1/14, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#size_t
>
> It is mentioned there for "next major release" as it should be very rare to
> cause problems to anyone, and if we change it for the next SONAME
> bump instead we might rather start to cause problems to applications
> that want to stay portable with multiple libcurl versions...

Yes, I agree that the change would require a soname bump. And that a
soname bump implies that any app using the library must be recompiled
no matter if it is being statically or dynamically linked.

But it isn't completely clear to me what you actually try to
communicate with the above paragraph in the part that starts with "and
if we change it [...]"

--
-=[Yang]=-