Re: Solaris 10 autobuild and aclocal memory exhausted

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:40:19 +0200

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
[memory exhausted on Solaris]
> As it can be seen in a subsequent test this has not solved the issue.
> The problem persists. I'll keep trying to find the reason for this
> failure. But right now I suspect an underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GTK.
>
> Would it be possible to modify line #7 of
> /opt/csw/share/aclocal/gtk.m4 so that it quotes the definition of the
> AM_PATH_GTK macro ?
>
> Something like changing:
> AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_GTK,
> into:
> AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_GTK],

Technically, yes (it's the only difference between that version and
the version on my Debian box btw). However, wouldn't it just be to
hide a problem? I have set up the Solaris box to be as "standard" as
possible, and so gtk and other 3partly libs are installed from the
Blastwawe.org (http://www.blastwave.org) site, which is as far as I
know the most comprehensive collection of freeware for Solaris. I
imagine that if I locally modify the gtk.m4 file then curl will still
fail building for other people.
I can try to raise a bug report with blastwave though.
But isn't it strange that it doesn't fail on e.g. Irix, which has
exactly the same file as the Solaris version? Could the problem be
elsewhere?

-Tor