Re: Curl library problem - symbols not found

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:52:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Patrick Galbraith wrote:

> mysql> CREATE FUNCTION http_get RETURNS STRING SONAME
> "curl_functions_mysql.so";ERROR 1126 (HY000): Can't open shared library
> 'curl_functions_mysql.so' (errno: 22 /usr/lib/curl_functions_mysql.so:
> undefined symbol: curl_easy_setopt)

> patg_at_hanuman:~/wrox/code$ nm /usr/lib/libcurl.so
> nm: /usr/lib/libcurl.so: no symbols

It's a shared object file, you need to use -D, like "nm -D
/usr/lib/libcurl.so"

That command lists lots of curl_* symbols for me.

> Am I missing something obvious here?

I would say that it looks like your mysql line doesn't properly load the lib
dependencies but only loads exactly the curl_functions_mysql.so file which
obviously isn't good enough. But that's just a guess.