CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION doesn't work?

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 02:01:18 -0500

I am currently having a problem with libcurl while trying to get an
https: site through a proxy server (which happens to use NTLM
authentication). While debugging the problem with Wireshark, I noticed
that although I am calling:
curl_easy_setopt(ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1);
libcurl is still using HTTP/1.0 in the request it is sending, and I
strongly suspect that the request is not actually a valid HTTP 1.0
request. I haven't really investigated this thoroughly yet, as I have
important sleeping to do, but I was wondering if anybody else had seen
behaviour like this?
-Craig