Script to build libcurl.framework on Mac OS X

From: Daniel Johnson <daniel.johnson31_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:06:47 -0500

On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Yang Tse wrote:

> 2009/2/13, Daniel Johnson wrote:
>
>> It would be easier and more maintainable to just incorporate
>> framework
>> building into the regular configure/Makefile process.
>> [...]
>> Apple includes a 4-way fat libcurl, but it's verison 7.16.3.
>> [...]
>> Anything configure checks that varies with
>> bitness will break fat building. Otherwise, in order to build 4-way
>> fat you
>> would have to do two separate builds, one 32 and one 64, and
>> combine them
>> with /usr/bin/lipo.
>
> Yep, I fear that something more 'automatic' would involve running
> configure with different arguments and build subdirectories and
> afterwards 'something' clever to merge the resulting headers. This
> could get a a bit messy.
>
> Probably it would be easier, at least as a first step to have
> configure generate two 'universal binary' makefiles a 32-bit one and a
> 64-bit one.
>
> But all this is certainly much more than what I was originally asking
> for. Simply finding out which file references were missing from
> lib/libcurl.framework.make

Ok, as a first step, here is a script that will perform all the steps
needed to build a fat ppc/i386 libcurl.framework. It's designed to be
run from the top source directory and will produce there a
libcurl.framework directory. There are also instructions in the file
for building a 64 bit version, but because of different values in
curlbuild.h you can't combine 32 and 64 bit in the same framework.

Daniel