Re: SSL configure probs

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:42:26 +0200

Hi Daniel,
Daniel Stenberg schrieb:
> The problem is that the the most recent GnuTLS versions have switched to
> only use pkg-config now and they ditched the previous libgnutls-config
> approach:
>
> http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/configure.ac.diff?r1=1.415&r2=1.416
>
> I was stupidly assuming they used to do both, but clearly slightly older
> Debian installs only have libgnutls-config and not pkg-config for gnutls.
>
> The proper fix is then most likely to bring back the libgnutls-config
> approach for when no path is given and 'pkg-config --exists gnutls'
> returns non-zero.
I've seen you did this some days ago, and Linux builds work now again;
however I see another prob with cross builds: configure cant get it
right via libgnutls-config because it doesnt know where the right
libgnutls-config is! Only the version for the build box can be found
since in search path:

svwe20:~ # which libgnutls-config && libgnutls-config --version &&
libgnutls-config --libs
/usr/bin/libgnutls-config
1.6.1
-L/usr/lib -lgnutls -lgcrypt -lgpg-error

the version which belongs to the cross compiler is not in search path:

svwe20:~ # /usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/libgnutls-config
--version && /usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/libgnutls-config
--libs
2.6.5
-L/usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib -lgnutls
-L/usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib -lgcrypt -lgpg-error -lws2_32

so in order to use this one we would need a configure option for setting
the full path to libgnutls-config ...

anyway, I tried now with pointing to the cross GnuTLS installation + had
to add LDFLAGS manually, but this seems to work:
http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20090713161511-16771

The reason I need the LDFLAGS is because without configure only adds
'-lgnutls', but not '-lgcrypt -lgpg-error':
http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20090713144129-22296

Gün.