Re: tsocks (transparent socks) vs. libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:56:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Cláudio Sampaio wrote:

> Any of you has any clue with my WWW::Curl program is not working with
> transparent socks in Ubuntu Linux?

Isn't this rather a question to the tsocks people? I don't know tsocks details
so I really can't tell.

Why use tsocks at all in the first place? libcurl has SOCKS support on its
own...

> Would it be due to the certifying agent?

Sorry, I don't know what that is.

> Or does it unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something?

"it" being libcurl you mean? No it doesn't and even if it would, it couldn't
affect anything else since that's not how unset of environment variables work.

> Connecting directly through telnet is working, but through libcurl is not:

Can you do it with the plain curl tool? If so, then the problem is somehow in
your app/the perl solution, and if you can't then the problem is truly in
libcurl or tsocks.