Re[2]: Is it possible to interrupt SSL certficate exchange phase

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:50:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Никита Дорохин wrote:

> > There are lots of function calls that are assumed to be rather fast and
> > won't be prematurely aborted with signals if they're not.

> Daniel, speaking of a bunch of functions you mentioned above, are these
> functions have to do with data transmission over the TCP socket connection?

Yes, and things like calls to the SSL library. But recall that we use
non-blocking sockets exclusively within libcurl so the regular
socket-functions should never ever take a very long time.

> If so, then if we lost Internet connectivity then these functions
> potentially may timeout after the timeout value which had been set with
> CURLOPT_TIMEOUT option. Is it correct?

No, when we lose connectivity we should still reach the timeout as we'd then
just loop waiting for input.

> One more question, who downloads the certificate from the HTTPS server,
> Libcurl or openssl?

OpenSSL does the heavy lifting, but some of the logic is done by libcurl. See
lib/ssluse.c for the OpenSSL-specific code.