What are consequences of late curl_multi_perform call

From: Marcin Adamski <mass85_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:29:58 +0200

I'm wondering what are consequences of late curl_multi_perform call. I guess that it may cause some timeouts to occur later than it should i.e. we set CURLOPT_TIMEOUT for 60s, but whole operation lasted 62s. But are there any significant consequences for ongoing transfer? Say we are downloading file via FTP and we call curl_multi_perform 3s too late. Can it be the reason for transfer failure? In my understanding all protocols that use TCP should handle this kind of delay. Am I right?

Marcin Adamski