RE: Support for authentication DIGEST-MD5 for SMTP

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:27:12 +0000

Hi Gokhan,

I just wanted to drop you a quick email as I'm aware that I hadn't posted in this thread since the 9th Jan and probably should have done :(

> > 3) A few general style issues:
>
> I agree with them and will change them later today.

I don't know if you've noticed but there have been some changes to smtp.c [.h] over the last couple of days to incorporate some of my previous patches which hadn't been pushed.

> > 4) Other changes that I think we should consider:
>
> Agreed too.

I've done most of the tidy up issues that I mentioned in my previous email as well, however, I've decided to hold off changing the names of the "state" constants for the time being as this may not be required if or when the "auth" constants become more general across other SASL based protocols ;-)

I also had a look at your md5 code towards the end of January but due to my 40th I forgot to email - sorry :( Generally speaking I am happy with it, however, some of my style comments that I made in my previous email are also relevant to this code as well.

It might also be worth someone else from the list who is more familiar with libcurl's cryptography code taking a look at it too.

Are you able to resubmit your changes, incorporating the changes / recommendations I made in my previous email?

Just so you are aware, and Daniel will be able to confirm what the release schedule is for v7.25, but we probably have a window of about a week to get these changes in before the feature freeze. No rush from my perspective but I thought you would want to know ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve