Re: Is there anyone building with cmake?

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:32:50 +0100

2012/3/11 Kamil Dudka wrote :

>> Here are the currently open cmake related issues:
>>
>>    http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3494982
>
> This one is actually the issue I ran into and worked around by creating
> the symlink.  I did not know the issue had a number already.  This bug
> was probably introduced half a year ago -- the file src/config-win32.h
> was removed from git, but not from src/Makefile.inc:
>
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/f0fae85
>
> If the file really needs to be listed in src/Makefile.inc, we should perhaps
> use a relative path to the other one (../lib/config-win32.h) ?

Non-configure builds such as Windows, NetWare and others must run
'buildconf.bat' when trying to build out of a git checkout. This
prepares the checked out source tree for building, copying several
files into place which do not exist in the git repo. Notice that
hugehelp.c won't be the 'real thing' given that generating it on pure
Windows systems is troublesome.

On the other hand nightly and release tarballs do not include
'buildconf.bat' given that the generated tarballs already have all
required files already packed into it, this includes the real big
hugehelp.c

HTH

--
-=[Yang]=-