RE: CMake: fix for Windows x64 build with MSVS Compiler

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:41:28 +0100

Hi,

> > When using Visual Studio CMakeLists.txt files should most likely be
> > following more closely appropiate definitions from
> > include/curl/curlbuild.h.dist and lib/config-win32.h and try to
> > generate/match what already exists in those files.
>
> The idea behind CMake is to provide cross-platform, generic build
> chain. Thus, it is more natural to use generic solutions where
> possible, rather than select specific configurations for specific build
> environments.

I had similar concerns to those raised by Yang when I read your post
yesterday but as I don't use CMake myself I didn't speak up.

However, I do like your "more generic the better" approach. As such I am
wondering, is it possible to use this approach in curlbuild.h and provide
consistency between the two?

Kind Regards

Steve