RE: introduced an auth callback

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 23:05:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Joe Mason wrote:

> - renamed CURLAUTH_TYPE_HOST to CURLAUTH_TYPE_HTTP so we can add TYPE_FTP,
> TYPE_SMTP, etc later

- I don't see the need for this. When all it does is to ask for credentials in
the form of user and password, then it HTTP or FTP makes no difference.

And for that matter, CURLAUTH_TYPE_PROXY doesn't say which protocol it is for.
I would imagine that we need to provide some kind of information in the
callback to allow it to know what kind of proxy libcurl wants the auth for so
that it can be made to work for non-HTTP proxies too.

- I ran into this:

cb.c:96:3: error: C++ style comments are not allowed in ISO C90 [-Werror]

- I would like the curl_cb_* functions to detect if they are used outside from
the callback and return an error then, not just with an assert like now.

- I miss a description/comment for strings_are_different() that explains why
strcmp() is not good enough!

- I didn't see it here, but didn't you implement an example that used this
callback? I would like to convert that example into a test case for the curl
test suite so that we can make some first tests and torture tests to see where
we are in that aspect.