RE: Broken libcurl FTP list parsing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:06:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014, Steve Holme wrote:

> I have often thought whether we should introduce a EOL setting in the <data>
> element which would then be used in the comparison rather than the line
> endings that are at the end of each line. This would be needed if we were to
> fix the conversion on Windows so that the tests succeed on each platform. It
> could then be set to CRLF, LF, CR and native. For example:
>
> <data eol='native'>
> some data content
> </data>

Yeps. We in fact already support mode="text" within the <stdout> and <file>
and this could work the same. Assuming that libcurl itself does the right
thing!

> The main reason for me bringing this up was to ask if we can fix those other
> tests, that I mentioned in my earlier email, in the same manner as Test100
> by simply changing the <datacheck> element to a <data> element?

Sure, it'd be great! But note that we also need to modify the URL the tests
use, so that the test number gets sent in a CWD command as otherwise the ftp
server won't know for which test to get the <data> from.