Re: [PATCH] CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER: send/replace proxy headers only
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 00:12:19 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, Maciej Puzio wrote:
> Daniel, thanks for the info. I am very glad that you plan to merge these
> changes soon, as the biggest problem for me is to maintain a modified "fork"
> of curl that I am currently forced to do. I'm looking forward to testing the
> final version of this modification.
[Current work status can be found attached, 5 patches.]
Right now I think the biggest question remaining in my head is this:
Pereq: we enable separate list treatment.
Assume your app wants to add a Proxy-authorization: header. In which list do
you put it? CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER for CONNECT (https) and CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER for
http? It doesn't make sense to me.
If we instead say CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER is right for both requests, then
suddenly CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER is not only for CONNECT requests and we need to
make sure that we properly clarifies and documents exactly when it is used and
-- / daniel.haxx.se
- TEXT/x-diff attachment: 0001-CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER-set-headers-for-proxy-only.patch
- TEXT/x-diff attachment: 0002-CURLOPT_HEADEROPT-added.patch
- TEXT/x-diff attachment: 0003-curl-add-proxy-header.patch
- TEXT/x-diff attachment: 0004-curl.1-documented-proxy-header.patch
- TEXT/x-diff attachment: 0005-test1418-verify-proxy-header.patch