Re: Autobuild stats

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 23:47:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 May 2014, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I've just noticed the autobuild stats page at
> http://curl.haxx.se/dev/summary.html is blank. It's some time since I
> looked at that page, but as I recall it had lists of all the various
> platforms on which the autobuilds had been running lately.

Yes it did. I actually broke the page when I changed how the summarize.pl
script works. Previously it would parse all the logs in that run and then it
was easy to produce a summary of them all in that page. Now the script instead
only parses the new logs and stores the generated output and uses the
pre-generated output for the older ones. It makes the script run MUCH faster
but it also lacks the "complete" view that it previously had and I haven't
really figured out the best way to fix this...

> On a related note, there are only 5 days worth of autobuild logs currently
> available. Some of the builds I do are only done weekly, so having 8 days of
> logs available can be useful when looking for problems. Is it possible to
> increase the number of days of logs kept around, or are there space
> limitations on the server?

The limit was actually 600 logs and I made the limit just to make the page
less heavy, but I've now increased it to 1200 lines and it seems to make it
cover over a week at least. It currently deletes logs older than 12 days.

Right now the auto-builds system occupies 2.3GB disk space so its not really a
problem, we could easily expand that if we feel that it would be helpful.