Re: CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION with OPENSSL returns SSL_CTX instead of SSL

From: Michael Kaufmann <mail_at_michael-kaufmann.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 22:18:18 +0200

> Should we consider providing another pointer for the OpenSSL backend?
> Sure, I'm open for discussions and solutions!

Yes, please consider this. I propose to add a new CURLINFO constant,
because the existing API must not be changed (backwards compatibility).
We could call it CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION_EXTENDED or
CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION_V2. It should work the same way as
CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION, but with SSL* instead of SSL_CTX* for OpenSSL.

At first glance, this may look like a hack, but actually it is a clean,
backwards compatible solution for a real problem.

Regards,
Michael