Re: inactive curl "owners"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 10:31:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> What we could do is change the default permissions from Write to None, add
> everyone that's currently a Member to write curl/curl, and then after 1 year
> (or 6 months.. whatever :) if they don't have any commits then remove the
> write access and send a polite e-mail explaining that they are still Members
> but write access was removed due to inactivity.

In my opinion it complicates matters and clutters up the list for no strong
reason.

I think we should look at the curl org members and collborators as the board
members of a company. A set of people that have agreed to help manage the
project for the time being. Over time some people fade away and new people
come. That's just natural.

Removing people as org members or collaborators on github does in no way take
away our grattitude for their help and contributions to the project. All
contributors shall always be given credit and thanked properly, and the THANKS
file is the core of that. And each commit still keeps each author's name and
that won't go away either.

Finally, if one of these ex-members come back to active "service" in the
project again, they can get asked, or even request themselves, to again join
the org as a member.