Re: Compile errors on update to 7.57.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 16:53:16 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Per Malmberg wrote:

> I just attempted to update from 7.56.1 to 7.57.0 on a Linux CentOS 4.8 using
> gcc 4.8.5 but am now running into compile errors as below when compiling
> curl with the following configure command:

> The lines in in.h are the following
>
> extern uint32_t ntohl (uint32_t __netlong) __THROW __attribute__ ((__const__));

Right, but those are your system headers. We didn't ship them. They're bundled
with your distribution!

> Was there an intentional drop in backwards compatibility in 7.57.0 ?

Not at all.

When I diff lib/urldata.h between 7.56.1 and 7.57.0, I can't see any
difference in includes in that either. And configure checks if it can include
netinet/in.h and defines HAVE_NETINET_IN_H accordingly so there's clearly
something weird going on there that makes it fail in this particular
instance...

Can you figure it out?