Re: SMB: unable to upload file to a subfolder: remote file not found

From: Ivan Pilipenko <ivan.pilipenko_at_matrix-vision.de>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 14:04:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> hat am 23. Mai 2018 um 13:24 geschrieben:
>

> On Tue, 22 May 2018, Ivan Pilipenko wrote:
>
> > - using curl and empty credentials, I can put files into root, but not into
> > folders created by smbclient
>
> > - using curl and valid credentials, I can't even log in: I am getting "login
> > denied (67)"
> >
> > I am using the same credentials for smbclient and curl (the binary package
> > of the OS, as well as libcurl + my implementation), so I expected them to at
> > least behave the same.
>
> I would have expected that as well. I'm not very familiar with the SMB
> protocol so I'm not much of a help with this, but I would suggest that you
> build a debug version of curl, sprinkle it with printf() outputs or similar
> and start figuring out where it goes wrong...
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Well, the "login denied" error stems from the fact curl does not support NTLMv2
(according to your TODO list), and all our samba servers do not allow using
anything below that

Also, it seems that SMB1 support is being phased out (disabled starting with
win10 1709, apparently), so sadly, in its current state it means that we can
not use curl for SMB support.

Thank you for your help!

--
Freundliche Grüße / Best regards