Re: Windows users! Help us test upload performance tuning?

From: Daniel Jeliński via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 00:23:58 +0200

pt., 10 sie 2018 o 23:08 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> napisał(a):

> [...] libssh2 could offer a better API that's more suited to send (and receive) SFTP data.

I like that; if we had the sftp_write function acknowledge data as
soon as it is put in socket buffer, we could get much faster
transfers. In order to avoid errors we would need to wait for all
outstanding acks on file close.
We would lose the opportunity to retry errors without rewinding, but
according to [1] the only error we would want to retry is lost
connection, and other protocols already rewind in that case.
What do you think?

[1] https://winscp.net/eng/docs/sftp_codes