Re: libCurl 7.61.1: no response message received indicating dead connection

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 16:20:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018, Bernd Mueller (bermuell) via curl-library wrote:

> Regarding how the deletion of timers could cause the issue. We˘re using
> CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION to get informed when to perform a
> curl_multi_info_read. Is it possible that this is the reason why we don˘t
> get informed about the failing attempt to send the message?

Oh. Yes that sounds like the wrong way of doing things. That callback is
called to change the expiry timer for the single timeout it needs. When a
transfer ends, it doesn't necessarily mean or imply that the timeout situation
changes.

> If so, what other possibilities do you see how to get notified?

I would probably recommend calling curl_multi_info_read() unconditionally
after each curl_multi_socket_action() call.

Or possibly only if the 'running_handles' counter decreases from before and
after curl_multi_socket_action() returns.