cURL / Mailing Lists / curl-meet / Single Mail

curl-meet

food and charging

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 23:39:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I don't remember what we said on-list before, but I and Dan Fandrich were
talking about charging attendees a small fee so that we can pay for some sort
of catered lunch to be brought for us at the meeting. I think it is enough
with something simple, like a larger sandwich, sallad or whatever. Of course
some dietary preferences must be handled.

We also want somethng for the planned[1] coffee breaks, even if not everyone
wants coffee.

Dan, do you think that would be possible to organize catered as well? Maybe
even check with some local deliverer what this setup could cost.

The suggested dinners in the agenda should be done on each individual's own
expense (and we should clarify that), unless we get a sponsor.

Before opening up the ability for people to sign up for attending, I want to
figure out how much it'll cost so that there aren't any surprises for people.
My intent is then to have people pay us in advance.

We have also discussed the ability to hand out (special occasion!) tshirts to
attendees and I would really like to do that, but I would prefer to do that if
we get someone to sponsor them and not have attendees pay for them.

I'm all ears for opinions and thoughts!

[1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/curl-meet-2017-agenda