Re: Error #37

From: Paul Gilmartin via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 08:13:45 -0600

On 2020-04-07, at 05:01:24, Daniel Stenberg via curl-users wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2020, Коваленко Анатолий Викторович via curl-users wrote:
>
>> cURL can not get access to local file with percent symbol (%) in path.
>> MS Windows 10, PowerShell 7.0.0.
>
>> Is it bug or feature?
>
> Isn't this just normal funny Windows prompt behavior? You "escape" it by writing two:
>
> "FILE://C:\Tst\Tst%%20.exe"

Many things on Windows are more "funny" than "normal". I once
tried to package a product on a CD for Win, Mac, Linux with a
"Start here.html" in the root. Testers told me to add a ???.ini
file to avoid a nuisance prompt. ./ini couldn't open the
"Start here.html" regardless how I quoted it. Had to call a .bat
from the .ini to do it.

-- gil