RE: --curves parameter ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 18:39:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020, Michael Baentsch wrote:

> Applied to 7.69.1. it does what I've been asking for, though and I'd apply
> it as such to our "downstream project" (OpenQuantumSafe) where we're adding
> quantum-safe cryptographic capabilities to curl
> (https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/oqs-demos/tree/master/curl)
>
> So, I'd be glad if you'd find the time to take a look and let me know
> whether something like this could be added to curl so that we wouldn't need
> to apply it manually whenever we build our project (and need to redo when
> the curl code moves on...):

Thanks!

A few things:

First, you're talking on the curl-users list and not the curl-library list
where most development and developers are hanging out so this email doesn't
really reach the best target here.

We of course appreciate a patch! Can you submit it as a pull-request over on
github (https://github.com/curl/curl/pulls) so that we can get it through all
the automated tests and verifications?

On the patch itself:

- "CURLOPT_CURVES" might be a little too brief name

- there's no docs

- It seems SSL_CTX_set1_curves_list() was added in OpenSSL 1.0.2 and we're
   still supporting older OpenSSL versions so we need some configure checks
   and #ifdef dance added...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!