Re: Blocked!!

From: ToddAndMargo via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 05:16:25 -0700

On 7/2/22 17:16, ToddAndMargo via curl-users wrote:
>>> On Sat, Jul 2, 2022 at 7:30 PM ToddAndMargo via curl-users
>>> <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se <mailto:curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi All,
>>>
>>>     $ curl -v -b -L https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop
>>>     <https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop> -o -
>>>       >Sorry, you have been blocked<
>>>
>>>     Works in Firefox, so it is not my IP address.
>>>
>>>     Any work around?
>>>
>>>     Many thanks,
>>>     -T
>>>

> On 7/2/22 16:53, Ralph M wrote:
>> The server is annoyed because it's not seeing a browser type.  I get a
>> different result when pretending to be Mozilla:
>>
>>       curl -v -b -L https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop
>> <https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop>  -A  "Mozilla-5.0"
>>
>> Ralph Mitchell
>>

> That did the trick!  Thank you!

Had a chuckle. In my program, I accidentally literally
quoted the variable name on the command line such that
the name of the variable got stuck on the command
line and not the contents of the variable. And it
worked!

curl -v -L --user-agent "$FirefoxUserAgent"
https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop -o -

I have fixed the booboo such that the contents
of the variable gets placed on the command line.
And it still works.

Guess the other side was happy with "firefox"
and did not care what else it said.

:-)

-T