Re: feature request: expected payload size command-line flag

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 07:53:01 -0700

On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 07:23:04AM +0000, Danny McClanahan via curl-users wrote:
> In fact, I believe /every/ command line using --ignore-content-length would be able to make use of the --expected-filesize flag I'm proposing here; since that flag was deemed useful enough to add, and --expected-filesize seems usable for strictly /more/ use cases than --ignore-content-length

While there may be some cases where the supplied Content-Length: is wrong,
necessitating the use of --ignore-content-length, there needs to additionally
be a source for the *correct* Content-Length: in order to use the new proposed
flag. I can't think of many cases where both conditions would be true.

Dan