Re: Discussions on Security Enhancements

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 23:47:38 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022, Diogo Sant'Anna wrote:

> For a better view on what the Scorecards evaluates, I'm sending at the end
> of this email the result of an evaluation of curl using Scorecards command
> line CLI, which analyzes the public portion of any public repo, and also
> carry the documentation that describes what the check is verifying and why.
> The suggested Scorecard GitHub Actions would get those information to your
> security tab, keeping them always updated, and also considering some private
> setting information.

Thanks, but I don't see the utility with this. We already know we use code
analyzers, tests, fuzzing and have a security policy. I don't think we need a
tool to tell us this. I don't think it helps our security.

That tool looks like more designed and intended for outsiders to *verify* or
to *check* that a random given project has those things.