Re: Discussions on Security Enhancements

From: Diogo Sant'Anna via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 14:14:46 -0300

Yes, dependencies inside the Github Action workflows that are part of your
CI. Such as the dependency at
https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/.github/workflows/spellcheck.yml#L50
In this example, if the dependency gets compromised, its code could be
updated and would also undermine the security of your project. Using
hash-pinning, you'll be always using the code that you're confident it's
not compromised.

--
• *Diogo Teles Sant Anna (he/him)*
• Software Engineer (SWE) | SAO-OSC