How to download a RTSP stream?

From: Deng Jianfeng via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 14:19:00 +0000

I noticed in the man page: "curl supports RTSP 1.0 downloads", and I thought I could use the curl to download the video stream from the RTSP server to a local file. Just like this:
`curl -o test.rtp rtsp://127.0.0.1:554/test'
However, when I execute this command, no local file is generated, and curl successfully exits (exit code is 0).
By viewing the server log, I saw that the RTSP server had received only one OPTIONS request and no DESCRIBE, SETUP and PLAY requests required for pull streaming.
So, what did I do wrong, and how to download a RTSP stream with curl?