Re: [ilink64 Error] Fatal: Invalid object file 'altsvc.o'

From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 16:34:15 -0400

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 4:24 PM Gisle Vanem via curl-users
<curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se> wrote:

> Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>
> >> *[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Invalid object file 'altsvc.o'*
>
> > Clang will get into code paths that it
> > cannot compile.
>
> Compile? The error was from 'ilink64' which the clang/LLMV
> linker.

My bad, you're right. More specifically, Clang pretends to be other
compilers, but then it exhibits different behavior than the tool it is
pretending to be.

In this case, I would examine the Borland project files. It sounds
like one is missing a reference to a source file. Check the *.bdsproj
files, and ensure the source file is present under the
CppStaticLibrary personality.

Or, the source file could be conditionally included, and it is not
included in the source tree for the project because the condition was
written for the borland compiler, and not the Clang compiler.

Jeff