curl in Windows found vulnerable by scanners

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 23:30:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello

People keep emailing me about their security scanners finding that the curl
tool version shipped in Windows contains several CVEs. (It still ships curl
8.0.1)

I'm afraid that all parts of Windows, including the bundled curl tool, is
managed by and shipped by Microsoft. Only they can upgrade Windows - and in
this aspect curl is to be counted as a part of that.

This email is posted here as an attempt to reach more people with this
information.