Re: ipfs and ipns protocol not listed in protocols section of curl -V

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 17:30:30 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023, Chara White via curl-users wrote:

> curl added ipfs and ipns protocol support on 8.4.0. but it is not showing on
> the Protocols:ā€‹ list when you do curl -vā€‹.

Ah right. The reason for this is that IPFS is not actually a protocol by
itself powered by libcurl, it is a URL rewrite done by the command line tool
into a HTTP(S):// URL.

Should still probably be listed there, indeed.

> There is also no option do disable ipfs or ipns protocol when compiling curl.

Also for the same reason: the disabling of features is mostly provided to let
user build a smaller libcurl. Since libcurl does not support IPFS, nobody has
bothered to add an option that disables IPFS just from the command line tool.