Re: Complex Globbing

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:29:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024, Rodrigo s via curl-users wrote:

> And why not mix everything. Sequence and text:
>
> curl "http://{site,host}.host*{[1-5],[10-15],ana,bob}*.example" -o "#1_#2"

I think the current globbing is adequate for most users to there has been
little interest in taking it further.

If someone would extend the existing globbing syntax to support this, or
something like this, I would probably not object. The trick is possibly to add
support for the new stuff without breaking old behavior.