curl-and-php

Re: Windows98, PHP, CURL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:28:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Michael Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to get cURL setup with APACHE/PHP on my Win98 machine. I have
> set up the Apache server with PHP and that works fine. You can see below
> what I have in the php.ini file. The error I get is:
>
> "Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\CODE\PHP\extensions\php_curl.dll' -
> One of the libraryfiles needed to run this application cannot be found."

Well, to get CURL support in PHP, you need to get two things properly built
(apart from PHP itself):

1. The curl library (libcurl)
2. The CURL glue module

I don't know how things work out in the win-version of PHP, but in the unix
version you have to run configure with the '--with-curl' option to have
number (2) fixed. This would also require that you already have (1) compiled
and installed.

> I have compiled libcurl.lib with MSVC6.0 as a Static Library. But I'm
> not sure where it goes.

Me neither. This is a PHP building issue. It is important though that you
have the libcurl built and used when you buld the php_curl module. At least
if libcurl.lib is a static lib.

> I have tried placing it in C:\CODE\PHP\extensions\php_curl.dll thinking
> if that's what's needed PHP should pick it up. But no luck.

No, that's the wrong DLL. php_curl.dll is probably (2) or perhaps both (2)
and (1) but it is certainly not only the curl lib.

> Any ideas?

I'd guess that you're better off asking this in a win-php forum, but I
wouldn't know. Any friendly soul in here with some knowledge in this area?