curl-and-php

Re: The 'examples' directory is now gone

From: Sterling Hughes <sterling_at_designmultimedia.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:55:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Hej
>
> The curl web page at http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/ contains a link to some
> minor PHP example source codes that use the curl module.
>
> Since I've re-arranged the CVS repository, the 'php' directory is no longer
> part of the main curl CVS source module and thus that particular directory
> does not exist anymore.
>
> What shall we do about it?
>
> - Make the directory appear again? (We can do this by checking out the php
> module separately)
> - Add examples inlined as proper HTML pages on the site?

    That might be nice, sf's servers have php right? You could use them
    to generate nicely highlighted source code:

    Some text around the example
    <? highlight_string(implode("", file('source.php'))) ?>
    Some other text

    Or you can just have a collection of .phps files, and allow users to
    browse those.

> - Scrap all examples and put our trust on the PHP site?

    Don't do that, the author is terribly lazy when it comes to
    documentation :)

    -Sterling