curl-and-php

Re: curl for php installation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:15:46 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Teddy A Jasin wrote:

> any one can help me??? i need this curl installation to be set up.... why
> cant my php detect the curl? even though i already follow the curl php
> installation closely?...
>
> if i'm not wrong php4.02 support curl right?? can anyone tell me where can i
> get that?? I cant find it in php site too...

The curl docs section on the PHP site, that starts at:

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php

says "These functions have been added in PHP 4.0.2.". But AFAIK, you need a
more recent PHP version if you want the curl support to be of the very good
kind...

It might be a good idea to post this question to a PHP forum as well, as this
regards the PHP installation process. Or dig up other peoples experiences,
like on the php.install usenet group:

        http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=sv&group=php.install

Personally, I've never installed PHP so I'm not of much help here.