curl-and-php

Re: Re: curl and https

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:30:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Henrik Bjernersjö wrote:

> WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
> WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

Here's the key, and now you can stop trying to hammer this site with curl. It
won't work.

I'll quote the curl FAQ:

  4.9. Curl can't authenticate to the server that requires NTLM?

  NTLM is a Microsoft proprietary protocol. Unfortunately, curl does not
  currently support that. Proprietary formats are evil. You should not use
  such ones.

I will of course appreciate all patches that brings us closer to NTLM
support. My own plans for this is that once we have Digest added, we can have
a go at NTLM too.

(See separate notice on the curl-library list and on the curl web site for my
plea for help on a test server for this.)