curl-and-php

Re: Different versions of libeay32.dll

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:47:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Henrik Bjernersjö wrote:

> I've downloaded the latest version of libcurl for PHP on windows
> (curl-7.10.4- win32-ssl.zip). I have the latest version of PHP for windows
> (php-4.3.1-Win32.zip).
>
> Problem is that they come with different versions of libeay32.dll. (The one
> for libcurl is newer.)

I'm sorry to say this, but this problem is neither side's fault. The SSL
libraries are of different versions with different stuff built-in.

AFAIK, the PHP package for windows is a binary download and that includes
curl support, so you shouldn't have to download any curl stuff separately,
and that version should work fine. If not, consider approaching those who
package that file and ask them to correct the problem(s).

If you need to download the curl package separately, then I'm afraid you risk
getting this problem and this is nothing the packager of the curl package can
do anything about, nor can the PHP package person, unless you can make them
both use and build the exact same versions of the SSL libraries.

At least this is my perception of the problem. I might be wrong.