curl-and-php

RE: PHP 5.1.2 IIS6, libcurl, cannot grokk https:// urls

From: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver_at_thenap.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:55:20 -0400

2) & 3)
curl
CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3

openssl
OpenSSL support enabled
OpenSSL Version OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005

4)
<?
$ch = curl_init("https://www.paypal.com");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
$response=curl_exec($ch);
echo $response;
?>

Note: the script in #4 works fine on another server but that server is
linux/apache/php4 this server is windows 2k3 iis6 and php 5.1.2

Thanks,
-Drew