curl-and-php

Re: Newbie needs help with cURL : missing php_curl.dll?

From: Morgan Galpin <morgan_at_atsourceinc.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:07:26 -0800

Hi Kahren,

1) php_curl.dll should be in your php\ext\ directory.
2) I believe that it normally comes with php 5, though it is not turned
on by default. I've always downloaded the .zip version of the install
package and installed it manually since I haven't found the automatic
installer all that useful. If it is not in the copy that you have, get
the .zip version; it has many extensions including curl.
3) To install php_curl, make sure the dll is in the php\ext\ directory
with all the other php extensions. Find the "Windows Extensions" section
in php.ini and add a line that says "extension=php_curl.dll". You don't
actually have to add the line to that exact part of the file, but it is
nice to keep related things together. I assume you're running php via a
web server, so after you change the php.ini file, you'll have to restart
the web server software to get it to reload the file.
4) To test if your curl installation works, run a script through a line
like this:
    $ch = curl_init();
If you get no warning message, the curl extension is installed.

Let us know how it works out. :-)

Morgan Galpin.