curl-and-php

curl_multi_exec() limited to 213 requests?

From: Ryan Parman <ryan.lists.warpshare_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:16:47 -0700

Hello all!

My localhost is Mac OS X 10.5.4 with Apache 2.2.x and PHP 5.2.5.
phpinfo() is telling me that my "cURL information" is libcurl/7.16.3
OpenSSL/0.9.7l zlib/1.2.3.

I created two arrays of cURL handles (408 handles, and 381 handles).
The first array (408 items) was communicating with Amazon's S3 API,
while the second array was a random list of URLs gleaned from a Google
search. I created the second list to determine whether the problem was
with Amazon or not. Since this is happening both places, I know it's
not an Amazon issue.

I use curl_multi_exec() to fire all handles, and in both cases I only
get responses for 213 of the items even though they all have identical
settings. I've re-run these tests more times than I can count over the
past weekend, and I consistently get 213 responses. In the case of
Amazon's S3, I was running a copy function. If the request was
received from my localhost by Amazon, the copy would have taken place
and I could have checked it by other means outside of the use of cURL.
Amazon would only copy 213 items meaning that it was only receiving
213 requests.

There are no Apache errors, there are no cURL errors, and I have
error_reporting(E_ALL) set on my test page with XDebug installed.

Are there any known issues with my setup? Is there additional code I
can write to resolve the issue?

My sample code is here: <http://pastie.org/229122>. My response is
here: <http://s3.ryanparman.com/curl-issue.txt>. As you can see, I
receive responses for items 0-212, and 213-381 are blank.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ryan Parman
<http://ryanparman.com>