curl-and-php

Re: a curl meetup at Fosdem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:50:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011, Dshah wrote:

> Q:what's the most important stuff libcurk still lacks?

> A: if i have to process let's assume 100 sites to post my thread on a
> vbulletin based site, i am sending it as a batch of 10 sites in multi curl,
> each site have to process 3 requests, first it process login page, then
> process open thread and third process post thread for those 10 sites using
> multi curl, when those 10 sites are finished it move to next 10.
>
> I wish if you can add a feature so we can send those 3 requests at same time
> (login,open thread page to get security tokens, post thread) so we can build
> those 3 requests in one execution. it will save a lot of time and make it
> more multithreaded.

Thanks for your feedback, but...

First, libcurl is not multithreaded at all.

Then, I don't see why libcurl would bother with what you're asking for. You
can easily write a glue layer on top that does any number of requests in any
chosen fancy way and offer that to applications. I see no reason at all to add
such features to libcurl.