curl-and-python

Re: Repository moved to its permanent home, website updated

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:17:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Oleg Pudeyev wrote:

> For version numbers and compatibility, I am thinking to have the version
> number reflect the most recent fully supported libcurl functionality level,
> with dots added for releases as necessary. The oldest supported libcurl will
> likely stay at 7.19.0 for a while with conditional #defines.

I'm not arguing against or for any versioning method, but I want to point out
that no pycurl release has really had *full* support of what libcurl can do
and offers through its native API. Thus, having "full support" as a marker to
when you change version number is probably a bit hard.

But I also realize that the versioning scheme was set a long time ago and it
is probably hard to switch away from it completely.

Short-term, I think the most important thing is that there is a release made.
Period. It doesn't matter very much exactly what the new version is called...