curl / Mailing Lists / curl-distros / Single Mail

Re: How are folks handling HTTP3 TLS?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-distros <curl-distros_at_lists.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:27:50 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024, Ryan Schmidt via curl-distros wrote:

>> I have no idea where Secure Transport is on the quic question.
>
> I don't represent Apple but my understanding is that they sunsetted Secure
> Transport many years ago.

I believe people still use Secure Transport on Apple platforms simply because
it removes the need for an external depdenency.

Apple themselves ship curl built with libressl on macOS, no idea what they do
on their other OSes. In theory Apple can ship curl with HTTP/3 enabled using a
recent libressl whenever they like.

> Last I heard nobody has volunteered to add code to curl to use Network
> framework.

I know nothing about Network framework, but I hear it has a different take and
abstraction (ie it is not based on sockets) which probably makes using it curl
a challenge.