Re: Daily build failing for Solaris 9

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:30:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a daily build for Solaris 9 (Intel)

Cool and thanks!

> but I can't get it to run the tests.

Ok, but then let's work on getting it fixed. It does work fine on my solaris
2.7 on sparc, and I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work fine for you.

> I tried fiddling with runtests.pl to no avail. Turning warnings back on
> produces a bunch of them, but nothing that looks like it would be causing
> the problem. Here's where it dies
>
> creating lib510
> srcdir=../../curl/tests /bin/perl -I../../curl/tests
> ../../curl/tests/runtests.pl -a
> Killed
> couldn't run curl! at ../../curl/tests/runtests.pl line 699.

This happens when the test script doesn't get any output from running the
command line "../src/curl -V", which if things work fine of course should
return the full version string of the curl version in the build tree.

If you run 'make test' in the tree where you build curl manually, does that
work?

> During my fiddling I had it print out the directory it started out in, and
> it looks like the current working directory at this point is /build-24634
> rather than a directory under my daily-builds directory.

Ah, right. That's why I get those annoying mails from crontab on my solaris
box! I've made a fix for this now.

> I have the output from the entire run of testcurl.sh if you want it.

I want it! You can either mail it to me privately (just cut off -curl from the
email address I use here), or you can provide the autobuild log to the
autocompile mail alias to make it appear on the autobuild page and thus
allowing anyone to read the log.